For 103 years the Greater Pocono Chamber of Commerce has demonstrated its commitment to providing an optimum business environment for its members. Currently, more than 1800 members work together on one of the Chamber's 27 committees/task forces or in other ways to enhance our quality of life and to promote progress. As Monroe County continues to grow each year, so does the scope of the Chamber's work.
Originally known as the Stroudsburg Industrial Club, the Chamber received its charter on June 25, 1910 from the State of Pennsylvania. Even then, it held the industrial and mercantile interests of the region at heart. As noted in its charter, the corporation was formed for the purpose of establishing a body with authority to deal with matters of interest to the general public of the Borough of Stroudsburg by promoting prosperity of the mercantile and the manufacturing enterprises of the community.